This set of Manipur Art & Culture GK MCQ Contains 10 Multiple Choice Questions. One mark for each correct answer and no negative mark for an incorrect answer.
1. Manipuri secular theater that is performed in an open space is called:
Shumang (Courtyard) Lila (Play or performance is a secular theater that is performed in an area of 13x13 ft in the center of any open space.
2. The secular stage drama of Manipur is known as:
In Manipur, secular theater are mostly confined to themes that are not religious, Phampak Lila (Stage Drama) and Shumang Lila (Courtyard Play) are performed in the profane spheres.
3. Who was the first English person to attempt to translate archaic Meetei literary work into English
In the book "The Meitheis", Thomas Callan Hodson attempted to translate archaic Meetei literary work into English.
4. Ratan Thiyam, who is working as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama (NSD), won the " Sangeet Natak Akademi Award" in the year:
Ratan Thiyam, one of the leading figures of the "theatre of roots" movement in Indian theatre is an Indian playwright and theater director working as the chairperson of the National School of Drama (NSD) since 2013.
5. Scientist turned spiritual leader Dr. Thoudam Damodara Singh, popularly known as Bhaktisvarupa Damodar Swami is the founder of:
The Bhaktivedanta Institute (BI) is the scientific research branch of ISKON that aims to advance the study of the nature and origin of life, utilizing Vedic insights into consciousness.
6. Lai Haraoba festival of Meitei people is celebrated to please traditional deities of:
Lai Haraoba (merry-making of the Gods) is a festival that represents the worship of traditional deities and ancestors, primarily celebrated in honor of the sylvan deities known as Umang Lai.
7. Which of the following fruit is used in the traditional football game of Manipur, "Yubi Lakpi"?
Yubi lakpi, the traditional football game played using coconut has some notable similarities to rugby.
8. The festival of Manipur that is named after the state animal of Manipur is:
Held for 10 days, Sangai festival is named after Manipur's state animal, the brow-antlered Sangai deer.
9. Gaan-Ngai festival is celebrated by which of the following community?
Gaan-Ngai, celebrated by Zeliangrong, a Naga community, is a five-day festival and is usually performed on the 13th day of the Meitei month of Wakching as per the Meitei calendar of the lunar year.
10. The folk-wrestling game festival played on the last day of Meitei's Lai Haraoba festival is:
Share your Results: