Centre of Plasma Physics Sonapur Walk-In Interview 2018 for Scientific Officer:
Walk-In Date: 15-11-2018 (15th November 2018)
Advertisement No. : 17/2018
Centre of Plasma Physics Sonapur is conduction a walk-in interview for the post of Project Scientific Officer-C (IT) on 15th November 2018.
➡ Name of the post: Project Scientific Officer-C (IT)
Salary: Consolidated Rs. 71,000/- p.m. In addition to pay, medical facility under its Contributory Health Service Scheme (self only), free transport, and subsidized canteen facility are admissible for the above post.
Educational Qualification & Experience: Bachelor Degree in Computer (BE, B.Tech, MCA, M.Sc. IT, M.Sc. Comp Sci., etc.) with first class or 60% marks. Any professional certificate into related field will be an added advantage. Minimum two years’ experience is required in above mentioned tasks.
Age Limit: 30 years (as on 15/11/2018), may be relaxed based on higher qualifications and/ or experience. Age relaxation is also admissible to SC/ST/OBC/PHP/Ex-Servicemen candidates, as per Government of India orders on the subject.
Duration of the Job: The appointment will be purely on a temporary basis, initially for a period of one year to be extended maximum up to 31st March, 2020 based on satisfactory performance and requirement.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- ➡ Managing and troubleshooting campus LAN & WAN. This includes campus wide wired and wireless network, Router, Firewall, Internet connectivity, .etc. management.
- ➡ Day-to-day maintenance of IT infrastructure including all IT hardware (Desktops/Laptops/Workstations/Servers hardware and peripherals etc.), operating system (Windows, Linux) and various application software (Antivirus, MS-Office, License software, .etc.) installation, configuration, troubleshooting and rectification of related problem(s).
- ➡ Periodic preventive maintenance follow up with various vendors including health check-up of critical IT infrastructure.
- ➡ IT support for projector, video conferencing & various events (conference, symposiums and workshops etc.)
- ➡The technical staff must have the basic knowledge of network troubleshooting (Cisco router, switches basic configuration, firewall basic configuration, proxy server management etc.).
- ➡ Management of any new IT Infrastructure in the campus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may appear before the interview committee on the mentioned date and time with their latest CV, all original mark sheets & certificates and experience certificate, if any, with a set of self-attested photocopies of the same and one copy of recent color passport size photograph. Reporting time for the interview is from 9.00 AM to 12.00 NOON. No TA/DA will be admissible.
Process of Selection
Through walk-in-interview on 15th November, 2018 (Thursday) at Centre of Plasma Physics, Institute for Plasma Research, Nazirakhat, Sonapur-782402, Kamrup (M), Assam. Timing: 9-30 AM onward.