This set contains 10 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Who is known as the father of Indian Geography?
2. Which of the following group is NOT a physio-graphic region of India?
India can be divided into six physiographic regions. These are - Northern Mountains, Thar Desert, Indo-Gangetic Plain, Coastal Plains, Peninsular Plateau, Islands
3. Kutch Kathiawar plateau is located in which of the following Indian state?
4. Which of the following BELT is the world's most extensive expanse of uninterrupted alluvium formed by the deposition of silt by the numerous rivers?
5. Which one is CORRECT about geographical location of mainland India?
6. Which of the following country is smaller than India in terms of geographical area?
7. Choose the incorrect one:
Daylight Saving Time (DST) was used briefly during the China–Indian War of 1962 and the Indo–Pakistani Wars of 1965 and 1971
8. What is the name of the thin water body that separates India & Sri Lanka?
9. Which of the following is not a part of the Peninsular plateau?
10. Which of the following is the tallest peak of Peninsular plateau?
Its height from sea level is 2,695 m