This set of Current Affairs Daily Quiz 17 & 18 May 2019 Contains 8 Multiple Choice Questions. One mark for each correct answer and no negative mark for an incorrect answer.
1. Who has been appointed as the first female match referee by ICC?
India's G.S. Lakshmi has become the first-ever woman to be appointed to ICC’s International Panel of Match Referees and will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect.
2. Who has become the world's first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA)?
The 23-year-old Captain of Mumbai has become the first woman in the world to cross the lone blind ocean (Atlantic Ocean) in Pandit Light Sports Aircraft (LSA).
3. The scientists at which lab created a new type of plastic ‘PDK’ that can be recycled forever?
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is a lab by the US Department of energy.
4. "National Vesak Week" declared by the Sri Lanka government is related to which religion?
The festival commemorates the birth, enlightenment (Buddhahood), and death (Parinirvāna) of Gautama Buddha in the Theravada or southern tradition. The week was started on May 15.
5. 'Lecanorchis taiwaniana', a new type of small orchid is discovered in which state of India?
Assam’s forest officer named Jatindra Sarma has coincidentally discovered the parasitic bloom 'Lecanorchis taiwaniana, a variant of a Japanese orchid. It is found to have a maximum height of 40 cm and a blossoming period of five-six days.
6. Which is the first Asian country to legalize same-sex marriage?
The Taiwanese parliament took the historic step by passing a law in favour of same-sex couples and allowing them to form ‘exclusive permanent unions’.
7. 16th May is being observed as the International Day of Light from 2018 by which organization?
The day marks the anniversary of the first successful operation of the laser by engineer and physicist Theodore Maiman on 16 May 1960. UNESCO celebrated it for the first time in 2018.
8. World Telecommunication and Information Society Day, celebrated every year on May 17 marks the establishment of:
On 17th May 1969, International Telecommunication Union (ITU) was established and since its inception, the day is celebrated as World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
Previous Daily Current Affairs Sets:
- Daily Quiz 16 May 2019
- Daily Quiz 15 May 2019
- Daily Quiz 14 May 2019
- Daily Quiz 13 May 2019
- Daily Quiz 01 to 12 May 2019
- Daily Quiz 30 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 29 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 28 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 20-27 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 17, 18 & 19 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 16 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 14 & 15 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 13 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 12 April 2019
Daily Quiz 11 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 10 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 09 April 2019
- Daily Quiz 07 April 2019
You might also like
- Assam GK | 500+ Assam General Knowledge MCQ for Govt Jobs in Assam
- MCQ sets for Govt jobs in India