This set of Monthly Current Affairs December 2018 (Part-3) contains 25 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Which country is set become the world’s first country to make all its public transport free by 2019?
2. The UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has decided to observe which of the following year as the International Year of Millets?
The proposal made by India will enhance global awareness to bring back these nutri-cereals to the plate. FAO has also approved India’s membership to the Executive Board of the United Nations World Food Program for 2020 and 2021.
3. Exercise AVIAINDRA held in Jodhpur, is a joint air exercise of India & which of the following country?
4. Which of the following state of India has the highest numbers of international airport?
With the inauguration of the Kannur airport on December 9, 2018, Kerela becomes the first state to have four international airports in India, which is the highest of its kind.
5. Ajay Rohera, who has created history by scoring 267 not out against Hyderabad in Ranji Trophy held in Indore, belongs to which of the following state?
6. Indian Navy celebrates Submarine Day on December 9 every year to mark the induction of India's first submarine, the name India's first submarine is:
INS Kalveri is a Kalvari-class submarine was the first submarines inducted into the Indian Navy. They were variants of the early Soviet Foxtrot-class submarines. Coincidentally, The Name of India's first submarine is the same as it's first MADE IN INDIA submarine.
7. Who has become the youngest Indian golfer to win Asian Tour Order Of Merit?
8. For which of the following reason, Union Home Ministry has launched twitter account @CyberDost?
9. Which of the following district Courts will become the first in India to accept e-payments?
10. Which state government has recently launched a 24-hour helpline ‘181’ for women facing harassment?
11. Who has been appointed as the new Governor of RBI?
Shaktikanta Das is a retired 1980 batch Indian Administrative Service officer of Tamil Nadu cadre. Das was earlier a member of the Fifteenth Finance Commission of India and India's Sherpa to the G20.
12. NASA's OSIRIS- REx spacecraft has find evidence of water on which of the following asteroid?
NASA's OSIRIS-REx- Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security-Regolith Explorer found that liquid water was present at some time on Bennu’s parent body, a much larger asteroid. But, Bennu is too small to have ever hosted liquid water.
13. Who has been selected for the Best Woman Parliamentarian (Rajya Sabha) for 2018?
Set up by the Lokmat newspaper, DMK MP Kanimozhi has been selected for the Best Woman Parliamentarian (Rajya Sabha) 2018.
14. The portal "ENSURE", developed by NABARD, under the the Mission’s component called Entrepreneurship Development and Employment Generation (EDEG) will provide subsidy related to:
Subsidy payment for activities related to poultry, small ruminants, pigs etc. through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) will be provided by the ENSURE portal launched by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
15. Who has been appointed as new SWIFT India Chairman?
Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) India is a joint venture of top Indian public and private sector banks.
16. Who has become the first-ever recipient of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Coach of the Year award?
Sascha Bajin is the coach of the World No.5 five Naomi Osaka.
17. Which country has recently become a full member of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?
FATF was formed by the 1989 G7 Summit in Paris to combat the growing problem of money laundering. The task force was charged with studying money laundering trends, monitoring legislative, financial and law enforcement activities taken at the national and international level.
18. Which of the following state of India becomes the first to pass a law on sextortion?
The law is passed to ban sexual extortion of woman in offices amended section 154, 161 and schedule of Criminal Procedure Code and Section 53 of Evidence Act to bring the Sextortion as similar offences prescribed under RPC.
19. Akademik Lomonosov, the world's first Floating Nuclear Power Plant (FNPP) became operational on 11th December 2018, the power plant is located in which of the following country?
20. Who has been honored with the 2018 Jnanpith Award?
The writer of non-fiction Antique Land (1992), Amitav Ghosh is an English fiction writer born in Calcutta in 1956 was awarded the Jnanpith Award 2018.
21. Which of the following high court has recently banned online sale of medicines across India?
The PIL filed by Dr. Zaheer Ahmed stated that the government has failed in its responsibility to protect public health and fulfil its obligation under Article 21 of the constitution by allowing unchecked online sales.
22. Who has been appointed as the new president of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)
The popular TV serial CID director, Brijendra Pal Singh has been appointed as the President of FTII.
23. As per the latest Swedish think tank Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPTI) report, which of the following country is ranked after the United States, the largest arms producer of the globe.
24. The Indian Navy has inducted its first non-tethered Deep Submergence Rescue Vehicle (DSRV) System at which of the following Naval Dockyard?
25. India celebrated the 47th "Vijay Diwas" on 16th December, for which of the following reason, the day is celebrated?
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of December 2018
- Part-1 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-4 <<< Coming Soon >>>