This set of Monthly Current Affairs December 2018 (Part-1) contains 22 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Which of the following state has launched India's first single emergency response number 112?
Union home minister Rajnath Singh has launched the single emergency number 112 to implement Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) 112. The number will replace all emergency numbers such as 110, 108 etc to a single window. Also, Nagaland become the second state in India to launch this service.
2. The chairperson of the UPSC is appointed by president under which of the following article of Indian constitution?
Recently former Indian Postal Service officer Arvind Saxena has been appointed as the chairperson of the UPSC.
3. World AIDS Day is celebrated every year on December 1, it was celebrated for the first time in:
4. What is the objective of Bhasha Sangam initiative launched by HRD ministry recently?
An unique initiative called Bhasha Sangam to introduce school students to all 22 Indian languages of Schedule VIII of the Constitution. The initiative, under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, was launched on 22nd of November and will continue till the 21st of December. The aim of the programme is to enhance linguistic tolerance and respect, and promote national integration.
5. "Cope India 2019" to held in West Bengal is a joint air exercise of:
6. "Konkan 18"- India-UK navel exercise was held in:
7. For which of the following reason, Indian Railway has launched "eDrishti" software?
eDrishit software will track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings and much more from anywhere in the country.
8. Which country has become the first NATO nation to appoint a female Chief of Armed Forces?
After Major General Alenka Ermenc took over as Head of the army of Slovenia, it becomes the first NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) nation to appoint a female Chief of Armed Forces.
9. Who ranked top in the list of ‘Fortune India’s 50 Most Powerful Women’ in business’ this year?
10. Assam Day or Sukaphaa Divawkh is celebrated every year on 2nd December, the day was celebrated for the first time in:
Assam Day or Sukaphaa Divawkh or Axom Divas is celebrated to commemorate the advent of the first king of the Ahom kingdom in Assam after his journey over the Patkai Hills.
11. Who has been elected the first woman President of Georgia?
12. Nageshwara Rao Guntur appointed as Chairperson of Which Indian Regulatory Body?
AERB- Atomic Energy Regulatory Board
13. Who has won gold in the Women's trap in the National Shotgun held in New Delhi?
14. Who has been appointed as CEO of World Gold Council
15. Which of the following state's police personnel has been acknowledged by the Guinness World Records for their program "Rakhi with Khaki"?
Girls and women tied rakhis to 50,033 Bilaspur police personnel on August 25, a day before Raksha Bandhan
16. United Nations' International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated every year on 3rd December, it was celebrated for the first time in:
17. Who has become the first Indian to won the ISSF's highest shooting honour ‘Blue Cross’?
18. Which of the following country has become the world’s first nation to recognize 'Orphanage Trafficking' as a form of modern slavery?
19. Which of the following word has been declared People's Word of 2018 by Cambridge Dictionary?
Nomophobia is the irrational fear of being without your mobile phone or being unable to use your phone for some reason, such as the absence of a signal or running out of minutes or battery power.
20. "SHINYUU Maitri 18" held in Agra is a first ever joint Air Exercise of India and:
21. Who has become the first Indian to be elected as the vice-president of the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF)?
22. When was the first Panchayat Election in Assam held?
After the assent of the Governor of Assam on 22nd April 1994 on the Assam Panchayat Act, 1994, the first Panchayat election in Assam was conducted in October 1996. In December 2018, the fifth Panchayat election in Assam is being conducted.
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of December 2018
- Part-1 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-4 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-5 <<< Comming Soon >>>