This set of Monthly Current Affairs January 2019 (Part-2) contains 20 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Which of the following Prevention of Money Laundering (PMLA) court has declared beer tycoon Vijay Mallya as fugitive economic offender?
2. United Nations has observed the first-ever World Braille Day on:
To create the awareness on Braille used by approximately 1.3 billion people having some form of vision impairment, UN has observed 4th January 2019 as the first-ever World Braille Day, on the birthday of Braille script inventor Louis Braille.
3. As per the Asia Competitiveness Institute's Ease of Doing Business (EDB), which Indian state topped in the list?
The Singapore based Asia Competitiveness Institute's (ACI) EDB index, Andhra Pradesh topped the list followed by Maharashtra and Delhi.
4. Who is the first Chief Justice of Telangana High Court?
Telangana High Court came into existence on 1st January 2019 and Governor of Telangana ESL Narasimhan administered the oath of Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan as Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court.
5. What is the name of the restructured National Health Agency?
The National Health Agency has been dissolved and restructured as the National Health Authority to effectively implement Pradhan Mantri – Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY). Now the National Health Authority will have full autonomy to implement PM-JAY.
6. Which of the following railway zone has launched the "Rail Kumbh Seva" mobile app to help devotees arriving Allahabad for Kumbh Mela?
The HQ of the North Central Railway is located in Allahabad (Prayag).
7. PM Modi laid foundation stone for the Mandal Dam project on which of the following river?
North Koel river is located in Jharkhand, the Mandal Dam project will help around one lakh eleven thousand hectares of agricultural land in Jharkhand and Bihar to get irrigation facilities.
8. Who has been appointed as Chairman of Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)?
Saurabh Kumar is a 1982-batch Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) officer. IOFS is a multi-disciplinary composite cadre consisting of technical - engineers & technologist and non-technical- administrative officers. Technical posts comprise about 87% of the total posts. Another civil service category named as Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service (IOFHS) is served by health professionals.
9. Centre for Classical Language will be set up in which city of Kerela?
The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has recently approved the establishment of a Centre for Classical Language at the Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University in Tirur, Kerala.
10. Which of the following country’s team has clinched the 2019 Hopman Cup title?
Roger Federer and Belinda Bencic's Swiss team has won the 31st edition of the Hopman Cup tournament 2019 in Perth, Australia.
11. Who has been appointed as the Director General of the Sashastra Seema Bal?
12. Which state's Regional Rural Banks have been merged into a single RRB recently?
The Government of India (GoI) has amalgamated three Regional Rural Banks (RRB) -- Punjab Gramin Bank, Malwa Gramin Bank and Sutlej Gramin Bank -- into a single RRB with effect from January 1.
13. Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has initiated a process to rename the "Indian Forest Service " as:
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions has set up an inter-ministerial consultant note to rename Indian Forest Service as Indian Forest and Tribal Service.
14. Union cabinet has approved 10% reservation for economically backwards among upper castes by amending which article (s) of the constitution?
Following sub-categories of people will be exempted from it (state may also decide as their own criteria): a) People owning over 5 acres of land, b) People owning a residential plot of more than 1,000 square feet, c) People owing plots of land more than 100 square yards in notified areas, and people owning plots of land more than 200 square yards in non-notified areas, d) People with annual incomes exceeding Rs. 8 lakh. Gujarat became the first state to implement this reservation measure.
15. Rashtriya Gokul Mission is a:
The scheme, being implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare comprises of two components namely National Programme for Bovine Breeding (NPBB) and National Mission on Bovine Productivity (NMBP).
16. Which of the following measure has been taken by the Right to Education (Amendment) Bill 2018?
Previously, under the right to education act, no state government could allow any schools to fail students up to class 8. Now, it's up to the state government to decide as per the latest amendment.
17. Which Indian mountaineer has become the world’s first female Amputee to scale Antarctica's Highest Peak?
18. Union cabinet has approved currency swap agreement with which of the following country?
A currency swap is an agreement of foreign exchange between two parties to exchange a given amount of money for another and giving back the swapped money after a period of time.
19. Who among the following is a member of the three-member committee set up by the Supreme Court to suggest reform for holding competitive examinations?
In response to the petition by Shantantu Kumar, that has sought cancellation of 2017 SSC examination due to alleged tampering and leaking of question papers, SC has formed a three-member committee to suggest reform in competitive examinations. Nandan Nilekani & Vijay P Bhatkar are the members of the committee and SC has asked advocate Prashant Bhusan, appearing for the petitioner to name the third member.
20. Who is the head of the RBI panel on digital payments?
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed a 5-member committee headed by Nandan Nilekani to suggest ways to improve digital payments, review the existing status of digitization of payments in the country, identify the current gaps in the ecosystem and suggest ways to bridge them
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of December 2018
- Part-1 <<< January 2019 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< January 2019 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< Comming Soon >>>
- Part-4 <<< Comming Soon >>>