This set of Monthly Current Affairs October 2018 (Part-1) contains 20 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. India's first Technical & Vocational Education and Training (TVET) skill park to be established in:
2. LooReview Campaign is a:
LooReview campaign was jointly launched by the Union Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs and Google Inc.
3. Karnataka Good Samaritan Protection Bill, 2016 will provide legal protection to good Samaritan who helps:
President Ram Nath Kovind has given assent Karnataka Good Samaritan and Medical Professional (Protection and Regulation during Emergency Situations) Bill, 2016 under the article 200 of the constitution. With this Bill, Karnataka became the first state to have such bill.
4. International Day of Older Persons is observed every year on:
It is observed to raise awareness about issues affecting the elderly and to appreciate contributions that older people make to society.
5. ATAL Academy, India's first AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy will be established in:
6. World Habitat Day is observed on:
This year it was observed on 1 October 2018 with the theme ‘Municipal Solid Waste Management’. The purpose of the day is to reflect on the state of cities and towns and basic human rights to adequate shelter.
7. Which of the following is the first stock exchange in India to launch commodity derivative contracts?
8. Who is the 2nd Indian to be appointed as the Chief Economist at the International Monetary (IMF)?
On 1st October 2018, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Managing Director Christine Lagarde appointed Gita Gopinath as the Chief Economist at the IMF w.e.f 1st January 2019. The India-born will be IMF’s first woman chief economist and second Indian to hold the post after Raghuram Rajan.
9. Who among the following is the oldest scientist to be awarded with a Nobel Prize?
He received the award at the age of 96.
10. “Udyam Abhilasha” launched by SIDBI is a/an:
SIDBI launches a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign “UDYAM ABHILASA” to encourage youth to become entrepreneurs in 115 aspirational districts.
11. Which of the following Indian state has ranked as the best state in the Swachh Survekshan Grameen Award 2018?
12. India’s tallest National flagpole with respect to the average city elevation has recently installed in which of the following city?
Considering the height of the flagpole i.e. 319.5 feet, it is ranked third highest in the country after the Attari Border which is 360 feet and Pimpri Chinchwad Bhakti Shakti Chowk, Pune which is 351 feet.
13. Asia's first Dolphin research center to be inaugurated in:
14. Which of the following union ministries has won the ‘Swachchta Hi Seva’ award 2018?
15. Who has been elected as the new President of Iraq?
16. The first-ever Regional Conference on ‘Women in Detention and Access to Justice’ has been held in which of the following city?
The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) organized the conference from 4 Oct to 5 Oct 2018 in collaboration with the Prison Department, Himachal Pradesh
17. Which of the following has been declared as the “Cleanest Religious Place” in India at the Safaigiri Summits and Awards 2018?
18. India's first 'Methanol Cooling Fuel Program' has been launched in which of the following state?
In Assam, the Namrup-based Assam Petrochemicals Limited (APL) rolled out Asia’s first canister based and India’s first “Methanol Cooking Fuel Program." on 5th October 2018.
19. What is the current repo rate as per RBI's 4th bi-monthly monetary policy statement for 2018-2019?
Repo rate is the rate at which RBI lends to banks.
20. Indian Air Force day is observed on:
86th Indian Air Force day was observed on 8th October 2018 to mark its foundation day
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of October 2018
- Part-1 <<< October 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< October 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< October 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-4 <<< October 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>