This set of Monthly Current Affairs September 2018 (Part-3) contains 25 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Project UNNATI is an initiative by the Ministry of _____
Project UNNATI aims to enhance the operational and financial performance of the 12 major ports with selected Indian private ports and best-in-class international ports.
2. Which state government in India has decided to engage FIREWOMEN for the first time in the state?
In an effort to break gender stereotypes, the Kerala government is gearing up to appoint women as fire-fighters in the state, for the first time.
3. What is the current rank of India according to the 2017 Global Hunger Index (GHI) report?
The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is a multidimensional statistical tool used to describe the state of countries’ hunger situation. India currently ranks 100th out of 119 counties with GHI = 31.4, worse than Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
4. Who is heading the 8-member search committee for Lokpal formed by the Union Govt?
5. Which section of the IPC deals with ‘Adultery as an Offence’ that has been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court?
On 27th September 2018, a five-judge bench comprising Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices R F Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra unanimously declared verdict on the 158-year-old law of IPC section 497 as unconstitutional, unjust, illegal & arbitrary.
6. Which country has hosted Women-only foreign minister conference, the very first of its kind meeting?
7. World Tourism Day is observed on:
8. In India, what is the current ratio of number of judges in comparison to per 10 lakh people in the country?
According to the data, part of a document prepared by the Law Ministry, India has 19 judges per 10 lakh people on an average. The document also states that the subordinate courts have a shortage of 5748 judicial officers while the 24 high courts face 406 vacancies.
9. Which among the following plants flower only once in 12 years?
Neelakurinji (Strobilanthes kunthianus) is a shrub that is found in the shola forests of the Western Ghats in South India blossoms only once in 12 years. Recently the Tamil Nadu government has announced a novel scheme for the protection of this exotic species.
10. Who among the followings has won the 2018 Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, an Indian Weightlifter born and raised in the Indian state of Manipur is the recipient of India's highest civilian sports honour Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna for 2018 along with Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli.
11. Pakyong Airport (Sikkim) is the _____ operational airport in India.
Pakyong Airport (Sikkim) which was inaugurated on September 24, 2018, is the 100th operational airport in India.
12. India’s first Coal Gasification plant to come up in:
India's first coal gasification plant to come up in Talcher, Odisha
13. Which state government has rolled out “Swayangsiddha” to combat human trafficking?
14. Which of the following ministry of the Union Govt. has launched National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO)?
With this, India becomes the 9th country to have such database.
15. Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid foundation stone of India International Convention and Expo Centre (IICC) in:
16. Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojna is a scheme for:
The jobs pattern in India has changed from fixed term to short-term contractual, and for this reason, most of the workers are living unemployed for a short period while seeking a new job, when a previous contract is over. To assist this kind of workers, Employee State Insurance (ESI) has launched this Atal Bimit Vyakti Yojana.
17. Nambi Narayanan, a former ISRO scientist who has been harassed for a fake spy case in the late 90's was leading an important project under ISRO, Find out the correct project:
The conspiracy started when in 1992, India had signed an agreement with Russia for transfer of technology to develop cryogenic-based fuels. The agreement was signed for Rs 235 crore when the US and France were offering the same technology for Rs 950 crore and Rs 650 crore respectively due to currency rate.
18. Union government has launched e-Sahajportal to facilitate:
The project has been launched by Union Ministry of Home Affairs
19. Which of the following country is the world’s first to develop document on cooling action plan?
20. Which of the following country has rolled out the world's first hydrogen-powered train?
21. India's first dog park has been inaugurated in which of the following city?
22. First ever global tourism mart will be held in which of the following city:
23. India's first ever underwater robotic drone is:
24. Which of the following Indian sportsperson has become the first bowler in women’s cricket to pick 300 international wickets?
25. Under which of the following article, President Kovind has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the 46th CJI of India?
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of September 2018
- Part-1 <<< September 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< September 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< September 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>