This set of Indian Art & Culture MCQ Set- 12 contains 10 multiple choice questions specially focussed on “Indian Festivals”. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Which of the following is correct about the “Gudi Padwa” festival?
2. Nariyal Poornima or Coconut Day is celebrated by:
3. Nuakhhai or Nuankhai is a:
It is celebrate by the people of Odisha and Chattisgarh to welcome new rice, similar to Nokhowa in Assam.
4. Onam, a harvest festival which has roots in Kerala is celebrated by:
5. Which one is correct about the festival Thai Pongal?
It is a four-day long festival celebrated by the Tamil people in the month of January
6. Vivaha Panchami is a festival celebrating the wedding of:
7. Ugadi (Gudi Padwa) is the new year day for the people of:
8. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated on:
As a tribute to Vallabh Bhai Patel, who was instrumental in keeping India united, PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Rashtriya Ekta Diwas in 2014 on the occasion of the Iron man's birthday.
9. "Matri Pitri Poojan Diwas" or Parents’ Worship Day is celebrated on:
It was started by the controversial Indian Godman Asaram Bapu in 2007 and the festival is celebrated in the schools of MP, Chattisgarh, Odisha, and Jharkhand.
10. Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti is celebrated on:
It is a secular festival celebrated worldwide on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.