This set of Indian Art & Culture MCQ Set- 11 contains 10 multiple choice questions of Indian Philosophy GK. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. Which of the following Orthodox school of Indian philosophy is a rationalism school with atheistic themes?
Samkhya school accepts proofs as a reliable source of gaining knowledge based on perception, inference, and word/testimony of reliable sources.
2. Rasa Lila was romanticized in which of the following scripture?
Jayadeva, one of the poets of the Bhakti Movement romanticized Rasa Lila in12th century, in his epic poetry collection Gita Govinda.
3. Which one is correct about the Nyaya, an orthodox school of Indian philosophy?
4. Which of the following orthodox school of Indian philosophy is defined as the "Samkhya school (Rationalist) with God"?
Adi Shankara, as well many modern academic scholars describe the Yoga school as "Samkya school with God."
5. Who equated Raja Yoga with the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali?
Raja yoga is the highest form of Yoga where the goal of Yoga is trained i.e. complete realization through intense concentration, focus and effective utliation of cognitive skills.
6. Which of the following Upanishad is embedded inside the last section of the Samaveda?
7. Which of the following is the oldest Indian philosophy that separates body (matter) from soul (consciousness) completely?
8. Which of the following school of Indian philosophy is the strongest proponent of non-violence and violence against animals?
9. One of the heterodox school of Indian philosophy, Ājīvika philosophy was founded by:
He was a contemporary of Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism, and of Mahavira, the last and 24th Tirthankara of Jainism.