This set of Monthly Current Affairs December 2018 (Part-2) contains 20 multiple choice questions. One mark for each correct answer. No negative marking for incorrect answer.
1. What is the objective of Heart Attack Rewind campaign launched by FSSAI?
2. Which of the following is NOT included recently in the PRASAD Scheme?
Union Government has included Gangotri and Yamunotri in Uttrarakhand, Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh and Parasnath in Jharkhand under Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Argumentation Drive (PRASAD).
3. What is the theme of the 2018 International Day of Persons with Disabilities?
International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated every year on December 3.
4. Who has been awarded the PETA 'Hero to Animals' award for banning the Chinese manjha in Delhi?
Imran Hussain, the Delhi Environment minister, has been awarded the 'Hero to Animals' award by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for banning the Chinese manjha.
5. Who has been appointed the new Finance Secretary of India?
6. World Soil Day is celebrated every year on December 5, UNFAO declared the day in:
In 2013 the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization declared the first World Soil Day. The Sixty-eighth session of the U.N. General Assembly declared 2015 the International Year of Soils (IYS), to raise awareness of the importance of soils for food security and essential ecosystem functions.
7. Who has become the first Indian to be elected in International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) judges committee?
8. Which state government has announced a new initiative ‘PEETHA’ to publicize govt schemes?
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has recently announced a new initiative ‘PEETHA’ to create awareness about various government schemes and improve transparency.
9. Centre's Witness Protection Scheme approved by SC will become law under which of the following article of the constitution?
Supreme Court of India has approved the Witness Protection Scheme framed by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs in response to PIL seeking protection of witness. The apex court held that the scheme will become law under Article 141/142 of the constitution till enactment of parliamentary and state legislation of the subject. SC has also directed States/UTs to put up the vulnerable witness deposition complexes (VWDCs) within a period of 1 year.
10. Sananta Tanti has won 2018 Sahitya Akademi Award for his contribution towards Assamese literature in:
24 poets and authors have been awarded 2018 Sahitya Akademi Award. Sananta Tanti bagged the award for his poetry collection "Kailoir Dinto Amar Hobo".
11. Which of the following Bodo fiction writer has won 2018 Sahitya Akademi Award for his short stories collection "Dwngse Lama"
Two litterateurs from Assam have bagged Sahitya Akademi Awards – Assamese poet Sananta Tanti for his poetry collection – Kailoir Dinto Amar Hobo – and Bodo fiction writer Rituraj Basumatary for his short story collection – Dwngse Lama.
12. Which of the following Asian games gold medalist has become the brand ambassador of the SBI's digital banking app "YONO"?
YONO- You Only Need One
13. Which of the following is the India’s heaviest communication satellite recently launched successfully from French Guiana?
The satellite is initially placed in the Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) and will be raised to the Geostationary Orbit (36,000 km above the equator) through phase-wise orbit-raising manoeuvres in the days ahead, using its on-board propulsion systems. GSAT-11 will be positioned at 74-degree east longitude in the geostationary orbit.
14. Kandhamal Haldi, which is in news for its GI tag, is produce in which of the following state?
15. According to the global passport index 2018, which country ranked most powerful globally?
The global passport index rank upon how conveniently a citizen gets the visa of other countries. India stood 6th in this rank.
16. Which of the following state government has launched SMART initiative for agribusiness & rural transformation?
The world bank funded project SMART- State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation, aims to revamp agricultural value chains, with special focus on marginal farmers across 1,000 villages.
17. Who among the following have won the IAAF Athletes of the Year award?
IAAF- International Association of Athletics Federations. Eliud Kipchoge is a Kenyan distance runner and Caterine Ibarguen is a Colombian long & triple jumper.
18. Who has become the first Indian to won the ISSF's highest shooting honour ‘Blue Cross’?
ISSF-International Shooting Sport Federation
19. Who has been appointed as the new Chief Economic Adviser (CEA)?
The position was left vacant after Arvind Subramaniam after a working period of 4 years. D Krishnamurthy Subramaniam, working as an Associate Professor and the executive director at the Indian School of Business (IBS), Hyderabad has been appointed for a period of 3 years.
20. As per the Global Carbon Project report, what is the position of India in CO2 emission in 2017?
According to the report of Global Carbon Project, India stood 4th by accounting for 7% of global emissions in 2017.
Other Monthly Current Affairs Quiz of December 2018
- Part-1 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-2 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-3 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-4 <<< December 2018 Monthly Current Affairs >>>
- Part-5 <<< Comming Soon >>>